What is PIN token in Zenith mobile app?
The PIN token in the Zenith mobile app is a feature that is used to ascertain the legitimacy of a transaction run online.
To ensure that you are the one behind that purchase or payment online, you can work with the PIN token feature. It helps you generate a password that can only be used once for a payment.
You might have heard of the one-time Password feature (OTP) that is generated for online transactions.
How can you get started with this feature?
- Download the Zenith e-Token App on Play Store if you are using an Android device. Apple device owners can get the app from Apple Store.
- The next thing to do is enable the app for your online transactions. You can register the app either as an individual or as a corporate body, in case you have a business.
For the individual option, you can choose any of the following;
Hardware token: This option involves you making use of your account number, a PIN (4-Digits), and a Hardware Token Code. This option is not free though. You’d be charged a fee of about N3,500 for the code.
The Debit card option: This involves you making use of your account number, the last six digits on the ATM card issued to you by Zenith bank and a 4-digit PIN.
Quick Access: Here, you have to visit any of the physical branches of Zenith bank to get the code that you need to access the e-token app. You’d be asked to present a form. You can get it at the bank branch or download it online. The details requested of you include these;
- The name of your account
- Your account number
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Any type of Identification (Driver’s License, International Passport, National ID card, etc.)
- A signature appended in agreement to the terms and conditions given by the bank.
For the corporate option, the only method for activating the account is via quick access. This too requires that you physically go to any of the branches of Zenith bank near you. You’d also be required to fill a form which contains the same details listed above.
How to unlock my Zenith Bank token
The Zenith bank token helps with a lot of things and some of them include the following;
- Increment in the amount of money you can transact with per day. On the mobile app, you are limited to a hundred thousand naira (N100,000). With the internet banking feature though, you can transact with about five million naira (N5,000,000).
- You get to access much more features than what is available on the Zenith bank app.
- You can be sure of safer and legitimate transactions when you have your token activated.
As a result of the last point, your Zenith Bank token can get locked if you type in too many incorrect passwords. For tips on how to unlock your Zenith Bank token, check these out;
- Contact Zenith Bank via this contact address—234 1 2787000 or 0700ZENITHBANK. On dialing, click 4 on your mobile device to speak with a customer care agent.
- You can also send an email to the bank via this address— email@example.com. Note that your mail should contain your account number and token serial number. You should also name your mail with this—Zenith Bank Token Unlock.
How to activate my Zenith Bank token
A Zenith bank token can be activated by following the procedures below;
- Head over to the page for Zenith Bank token activation online. You can also work through the Zenith Bank e-token app.
- Type in your 10 digit account number and then, click the Proceed icon.
- You will receive an OTP via the media you receive alerts from your bank—either email or message.
- Type in the OTP you receive.
- If you have the token device for this feature, you can check the back for the token number. After that, type the digits into the device without leaving any space.
- Finish by entering a 4-digit PIN.
For your online transactions, you can also work with these procedures;
- Head over to the banking page for Zenith Bank. You can also work through your bank application for this stage.
- Click the PIN and Token feature from the drop-down menu. Most times, you may not have to click anything since the feature is set as default.
- Type in your 4-digit PIN.
- To get your token, click the white icon.
- Type in the digits without leaving any space between them.
- Click the Login icon.
How to reset my Zenith Bank token
Resetting your Zenith Bank token involves the same processes as those described under the unlocking of your Zenith Bank token.
For safe and controlled transactions, you have to either visit your bank branch physically or contact their customer service agents. The reason is that the resetting can only fixed by administrators.
With the aid of a 16 digit security code, the bank can help you reset your token. The customer service for Zenith Bank can be contacted by dialing their customer care line—23412787000 or 0700ZENITHBANK. Their email address—firstname.lastname@example.org can also be used to contact them.