With your Bank Verification Number, you can secure your transactions and other financial activities. That is why here, we will look at how you can open an Access Bank account online with your BVN.
How to open Access bank account online with BVN
For steps to open your Access Bank account online, follow the directions below;
- Head over to your Internet browser and then, input this link—accessbankplc.com
- You will be directed to a page where you’ll be asked to input these details—National Identification Number (NIN), your telephone number and a password.
- Agree to the terms and conditions presented by the bank.
- Submit your details.
How to open Access bank account online without BVN
For tips on how to open access bank account online without BVN, check the details below;
- Dial *901# on your mobile device.
- Respond by typing 1
- You’ll be prompted to provide the details to certain fields. Ensure that you fill all of that accurately.
On concluding that, you’d be alerted instantly by Access Bank on a successful account opening. You’d also receive your account number.
How to open access bank account with ussd code
You can also work with these steps;
- Dial *901*0# on your mobile device.
- You will see some instructions displayed on your screen. Follow them.
- Type in your first name and then, click SEND. Do the same for your last name. Ensure that you type these details correctly.
- Follow the rest of the prompts to finish the registration process. They usually cover requirements for your email address, phone number, date of birth, etc.
- If you have a BVN, you can link it to your account from here.
- Once you are done, you will have your account number sent to you via message.
On opening your account with the following details, you can start receiving money into it. To make further processes, e.g., obtaining a credit card, etc., you can visit a physical branch of the Access Bank.
How to use access bank app to open an account
Lastly, let’s see how you can use the Access Bank application to open an account online.
- Download the Access Bank mobile application on Play Store if you are working with an android device. For Apple device users, work with Apple Store.
- Install the application on your device.
- After opening the app, click the Register
- Type in your mobile number into the box where it is required.
- Click the Continue
- You will be sent an Authentication code via SMS
- Type the code into the box.
- You will be asked to choose the type of account that you want to open—Savings, Current, etc. Select your choice.
- Type in the following details—Last name, First name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, email address, National ID Number (your NIN), your city of residence, next of kin, mobile number of your next of kin, relationship with next of kin, your preferred bank branch (for this, choose the branch that is closest to you.)
- Click the Create Account tab to conclude the processes above.
How to open an account in access bank
This section covers details on how to open Access Bank account in a physical branch. Usually, you would be handed a form which you’d be required to fill. The form usually requires that the following details be presented;
- Your Account Name (Surname, Middle Name and First Name)
- The Name of the Signatory
- Your Email address
- Your card preference
- Residential Address
- Country of Residence
- Local Government Area
- Date of Birth
- Whether or not you have dual citizenship
Before opening your bank account, it is good that you know the kinds of bank accounts that you can have access to. Check the list below;
- Savings account:This is the kind of account that most salary earners work with. It is the best option for keeping your money and getting interest. With a saving account, you don’t have to worry about having a lot of money to open the account.
- A current account:This is the kind of account that you should open if you are a trader that transacts with money daily. You can get money with your credit card or a cheque book. One advantage of this account is that you get to make loans.
- Fixed Deposit account:This is the account that you need when you want to store your money for a long period of time without having access to it. The money is usually locked and will be given to you after the period that you set. From this account, you can also get interest on the amount of money saved.
- A joint account:This is the kind of account that you open when you want to share the account with other people. It is great for business partners, couples, families, etc. Your partner would have the same access to the account as you, and so, it is necessary that you trust them. Any decision made as regards the account must also be approved by both parties.
- A corporate account:This account is owned by big businesses and industries. It can also be termed as a business account. However, with this account, you’ll have to pay a tax known as the Pay Corporate Income Tax.
When going to the bank, you should also take along with you these;
- A passport photograph
- A recent and valid means of identification. You can go with your National Passport, your Driver’s license, etc.
- A recent utility bill, e.g., your electricity bill. It should bear your name and residential address.
- Bank Verification Number (This is not compulsory if you’d be opening a Savings account.