Can tiger nut reduce belly fat?
Yes, tiger nut can help reduce belly fat. They contain several nutrients that can keep you going if you include them in your weight loss recipes. Meanwhile, note that tiger nuts will not by themselves cause a reduction in your belly fat. You’d probably end up hungry and then, have to feed on calorie-rich foods. However, with vegetables and other low calorie diets, you are safe!
In one ounce of tiger nuts, you’d get these;
- Calories: 142
- Fiber: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Proteins: 1g
- Fat: 7g
- Iron: 2% of the daily value
- Phosphorous: 6% of the daily value
- Vitamin C: 2-7% of the daily value
- Magnesium: 6% of the daily value
- Calcium: 1% of the daily value
- Potassium: 3-5% of the daily value.
Does tiger nut reduce weight?
Yes, tiger nuts are great at reducing weight, and here are some recipes that can get you started!
- Tiger nut milk
For this, you need a bowl of tiger nuts (the quantity may vary depending on the amount of milk you want), filtered water, cheesecloth, containers (or jars), etc.
Start by immersing the tiger nuts in water overnight. Once they have swollen to a point where they are soft enough, strain them and blend. The mix is strained through the cheesecloth to obtain the milk. (You can use the residue to bake.)
Pour the milk into a jar and then, store it in a refrigerator. The milk is great for cereal and any other meal you need milk for.
- Tiger nut flour
To get your tiger nut flour, you can start with the residue you obtained when making tiger nut milk. All you have to do is dry it until all the moisture seeps out. You can make the process faster by drying the nuts in an oven.
Once that is done, you can sieve the flour to get rid of tiny particles or coagulates. The flour is great for cookies, pancakes, etc.
What is the best way to eat tiger nuts?
If tiger nuts are indeed good for weight loss or reduction of belly fats, how can they be integrated into meals? Check these out;
- You can include them in your snacks for some If you like your tiger nuts soft, you could immerse them in water for a while.
- Tiger nuts can be processed into milk. The beauty of this milk is that it’s great for vegetarians—an easy to digest dairy-free
- You can use your tiger nuts to make pudding. You could also add them to your cereals. Oats etc.
- The nuts are now being processed into flour. You can get that from any store near you. The flour can be used for baking your confectionaries and bites.
- If you’ve ever heard your cookies flaked with tiger nuts, you’d definitely be up for more! They are gluten-free and rich with nutrients.
- Tiger nuts can also help you come up with some of the moistest pancakes ever.
- If you want non-dairy ice cream, you can work with tiger nut milk instead of the regular milk. The only issue here is that tiger nut milk may not give you a very creamy result.
- Bread should be soft, sweet and full of fiber. That’s why you should integrate tiger nuts into your recipes.
Besides, tiger nuts have also been shown to offer the following benefits to the body;
Benefits of tiger nut to the body
- They are rich in anti oxidizing agents. As a result, they help to get rid of free radicals that damage the cells and tissues of the body. This property also is useful for the treatment of conditions like cancer, heart diseases, etc.
- Due to their high fiber content, tiger nuts can help prevent the risk of constipation. Fiber increases the bulk of stool, making it easier for it to be eliminated from the rectum. The fiber can also serve as food for some bacteria that live in the gut. These bacteria are known to aid the process of digestion.
- Due to the catalytic enzymes present in tiger nuts, metabolism of foods—carbohydrates, proteins, fats, etc., occurs quickly, preventing issues like gassiness, indigestion, diarrhea, etc.
- Tiger nut has been proven to manage blood sugar levels. The reason this is possible is firstly due to the fiber they contain. The fibers also work to reduce the rate at which sugar is absorbed in the gut. The other reason this is possible is due to the presence of Arginine, an amino acid that helps to increase insulin sensitivity and production.
- Tiger nuts are great for boosting the health of the cardiac system. The reason this is possible is that they contain unsaturated fats which are also contained in heart-healthy foods like olive oil. Here, we can also talk about the low density lipoproteins (LDL), which are otherwise known as bad cholesterol. Tiger nuts have a very low level of LDL.
- Still on the cardiac system, tiger nuts have been shown to increase the rate at which blood circulates in the body. As a result, you don’t have to worry about blood clots or other related heart diseases.
- With tiger nuts, you can be sure of a stronger immune system. One peculiar thing about tiger nuts is that they have been noted to fight aggressively against certain bacterial species that have proven to be resistant to the regular antibiotics.
- Are you trying to shoot up your libido levels? Tiger nuts are just what you need! They treat issues like erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, low sexual activities, etc.