Lemon juice and chia seeds for weight loss
Together, Chia seeds and lemon water can be used for weight loss. Chia seeds are tiny black seeds with a lot of nutritional value, and here, we will be taking a brief look at what they offer.
- Fat—Saturated fat; 3.3g, Unsaturated fat, 0.1g
- Cholesterol— 0mg
These available nutrients are very important in the daily functioning of the body, and the advantage is even better as regards the fact that they only contain a few calories. Chia seeds also are rich in fiber and proteins, and this particular characteristic that they possess has made them come out as being very useful for weight loss. When you feed on the seeds, the fibers they contain have the power to absorb and retain a large quantity of water which would no doubt make you feel full. The protein in them also work to slash down your appetite, consequently reducing the amount of food you take in.
Lemon water, on the other hand is also low in calories, and works to make you feel full. This feeling of fullness consequently helps to decrease the number of calories that you take in, and to also fight issues relating to weight gain. The water is also rich in Vitamin C, which is also known as ascorbic acid. The acidic content most times helps to fight issues relating to weight gain. Other constituents include Potassium, flavonoids, and limonin. The nutritional value of lemon water can be seen below;
The above constituents of chia seeds and lemon water makes it very beneficial and effective for weight loss.
Chia seeds and lemon water for belly fat
Lemon water contains pectin that helps to slow down the rate at which sugars and starch is digested in the body. Along with chia seeds, you can deal with issues relating to belly fat because they help to;
- They enhance the metabolic processes of your body by increasing the rate at which the mitochondrion functions.
- They also help to stimulate thermogenesis, which is defined as a process by which energy is dissipated by the production of heat. It usually occurs in specialized tissues like the adipose tissue that helps to store fat. The heat works to burn most of the fats.
- They form a low calories beverage. So, it would really help if you could replace most of your sugary and fat-inducing drinks with the beverage mix.
- They work to keep you satiated due to their high fiber content.
- They increase the rate at which your food is digested. The one component of the beverage mix that helps with this issue is the acidity of the lemon juice. It works to flush the unwanted materials and toxins out of your body.
- Lemon water also ensures that your lungs produce more bile, which helps with the emulsification of fats and detoxification of harmful chemicals in the body.
- Chia seeds and lemon water is highly rich with antioxidants which help to destroy the free radicals that cause damage to the tissues in the body.
- Chia seeds and lemon water has also been shown to reduce blood pressure, and this particular characteristic help to improve the condition of hypertensive patients.
- Chia seeds and lemon water helps to prevent the growth of cancerous cells.
Chia seeds and lime water for weight loss
Chia seeds and lime water work just great for weight loss. They constitute a very natural juice that helps to burn all the fat in your body. Together, they work to keep you full, due to their high fiber content, and ability to keep you feeling hydrated. Other reasons chia seeds and lime water work great for weight loss include the following;
- Chia seeds are rich with omega proteins and antioxidants that help to fight free radicals that may be present in the body.
- The mix of Chia seeds and lime water will no doubt help to improve the rate at which your food gets digested, and to also reduce the risk of heartburns. Your bowel movements get relatively easier.
- Chia seeds and lime water for weight loss will help to increase the rate of metabolic activity in your body.
Now, in making lemon juice and chia seeds for weight loss, you could add a little honey to it, in case you prefer something sweet. You could also add the mix to your oatmeal, or use it in making chia seed pudding.
How to make chia seed water for weight loss
On discovering that chia seeds are great for weight loss, you are faced with the hurdle of how to make chia seed water for weight loss. Here, we will be looking at a method you can use to get your smooth and flavored chia seed water.
- Get a spoonful of chia seeds as well as a cup of potable water. Note that the amount of chia seeds and water that you use depends on the quantity of chia seed water you need. You could decide to increase their respective quantities if you desire.
- Add the chia seeds to the water.
- You could add about three spoonful of lime or lemon water if you want.
- Allow the chia seeds to soak in for about twenty to thirty minutes.
You have your chia seed water!
Apart from using the water, you could also add a spoonful of the seeds to your morning drinks, sprinkle them atop your salad, or better still, cook them with chia flour.
Best time to drink chia seeds for weight loss
The best time to drink chia seeds and lemon or lime water for weight loss is in the morning. Chia seeds are very rich in fiber, and will that particular characteristic they possess will encourage you to drink a lot of water. Starting your day with a lot of water is necessary, as it helps to flush out the unwanted toxins and chemicals from your body. Also, on drinking the water, you don’t have to eat more food and then, increase you total calorie intake for the day. This particularly will help you in fighting weight gain.