The Bank Verification Number, known popularly as BVN, is an 11-digit number that links your biometric data such as your face and fingerprints to all your bank accounts. It was made mandatory by the CBN for all account owners as a safety measure used by Nigerian banks to confirm who you are and prevent fraud.
Fortunately, ease has been the target of many banks in this digital era. Thus, you can quickly and easily open an FCMB account online from anywhere in the world, even without a BVN, and still enjoy the following features
- Zero minimum operating balance.
- Free access to secure mobile and internet banking.
- Debit card usable in any location across the globe.
- Attractive and highly competitive interest rate, if ever you want to get a loan.
Requirements for opening FCMB account online without BVN
Before you begin the process of opening an FCMB account online without a BVN, you should get the following account opening requirements ready.
- A scanned copy of your passport photograph.
- A scanned copy of your signature.
If the account is being opened for a minor (0 – 15 years), a scanned copy of the child’s birth certificate and passport photograph will be required.
If you have all the above requirements ready, let’s look at the steps for opening an FCMB account online without a BVN.
How to open FCMB account online without BVN
- Open the FCMB website and select account opening from the menu option. Alternatively, you can open the URL https://onlineaccount.fcmb.com/ to access the account opening option directly.
- From the two options between opening a personal account or a business account, click on open a personal account. For a business account, you will need to supply a BVN, so it is not an option for the process.
- Click on Get Started button on the personal account opening page. You will be taken to the online account opening request page.
- Fill in the required details on the online account opening request page. These are your personal information, including your full name, date of birth, gender, and contact information. Ensure to enter them correctly as incorrect data will bring up verification issues when you need to upgrade the account. details in all the areas marked with a red asterisk (*) must be provided. You can leave the space for BVN blank but it is advised you provide one.
- Next, Click the terms and conditions checkbox at the bottom of the page to show that you agree with the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Continue button. You will be redirected to a page where you will provide your details.
- Fill in all the required and contact information correctly. If you entered your BVN on the previous page, some details such as your full name, date of birth, gender, etc. will already be prefilled from your BVN data.
- Select and upload your passport photograph and signature by clicking on Choose File. Accepted file formats are JPG, GIF, and PNG.
- Review the entered Details and then click on done.
- Wait for Approval Now. Once your application has been reviewed, your account number and details of your account will be sent to you.
If you have completed the application form but have yet to receive your account number, Please contact the FCMB Contact Centre on 012798800 or send an email to email@example.com
You can open and receive your account number instantly without a BVN, but the account will not be fully operational until you provide it. So to enjoy all the benefits of banking services You are expected to visit the nearest bank branch to register for the BVN if you have not done this before.