Baked mac and cheese with egg
If you have never had baked macaroni, cheese and egg, you are definitely missing out on one of the greatest foods to have ever been made! In this recipe, we will be looking at tips on how to make baked macaroni and cheese and egg.
- Unsalted butter (one tablespoon)
- Milk (two cups)
- Eggs (two, beaten)
- Cheddar (added sharpness, grated, 8 ounces)
- Pepper (black, rough)
– Heat up your oven to a temperature of about 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
– Pour in a generous amount of water into a pot and then, add some salt. Add in your macaroni and then, leave it to cook.
– Usually, macaroni gets soft within a time frame of twelve to fifteen minutes, depending on the heat you place your cooker on.
– Drain your macaroni in a perforated container
– Whisk your milks and eggs in a separate container
– Add in your cheese to the beaten mixture
– Add your salt and pepper to infuse in the mixture some taste.
– Add in the macaroni and whisk a little more.
– Pour the mixture into an oven tray.
– Leave the mix to bake until the top becomes golden brown. This process will run for a period of about thirty minutes.
– Before you proceed to eat it, ensure that you allow it to cool against a wire rack.
- Unsalted butter (Extra would be needed for the greasing of the baking pan)
- Pepper (freshly ground)
- Evaporated milk
- Skim milk
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese (extra sharp, grated)
- Jack cheese (grated)
- Paprika leaves
– Preheat your oven to a temperature of about 375-degree Fahrenheit
– Grease your baking dish. The best dimension of baking dish to use should be a 13 by 9 inched dish.
– Allow a large pot of water to boil.
– Add in some salt
– Add in your macaroni
– Once your macaroni is soft enough, leave it to drain within a perforated container.
– To a pot, add in your unsalted butter. Allow the heat to melt the butter.
– Now, add in your sieved macaroni to the melted butter
– Mix the macaroni within the melted butter so that it coats the surface thickly. When you are done, you can then move on to the next.
– Whisk your eggs and evaporated milk in a separate glass bowl.
– After a while, add in your seasoned salt, garlic powder, as well as your pepper.
For this recipe, two eggs were used, two cans of evaporated milk were used, half a teaspoon of seasoned salt, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, and half teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
– Now, place your cheese in another glass bowl.
– Now, proceed to add your macaroni to the baking dish. Ensure that you do not add all of the macaroni. Add only one-third of the whole amount.
– Now, cover the surface of the macaroni with the cheese. Ensure that the cheese is spread evenly around the macaroni.
– Set another layer of macaroni, fill it up with cheese, and then, repeat till the macaroni is exhausted.
– Pour the glass bowl with the milk, eggs and seasoning into the baking dish.
– Sprinkle paprika atop the dish. You could also add in bread crumbs to the top of the dish if you want your meal to have added texture.
– Place the baking dish inside the oven.
– Bake the dish until the top just turns brown or golden. This process should take about 35 to 40 minutes.
– Allow your dish to cool before you eat it.
Tips to employ when making your baked macaroni cheese and egg dish
When choosing the kind of cheese you want to work with, you have to consider two things— the ability of the cheese to melt and the kind of flavor that the cheese has. Usually, the kind of cheese that you can run a knife through will end up melting very easily.
However, such cheese lacks the essential flavors that make your dish yummy. But then, the ones that do not melt quite easily end up giving your dish a very rich cheese flavor that makes your food even yummier.
Sharp cheddar, which is one of the cheapest cheese buttons you will get out there, has the perfect blend of its melting ability and inherent flavors. Another tip for you is that you should never buy the kind that has already been shredded.
Usually, ingredients like cornstarch would have been fused into the cheese, messing with its ability to melt quite easily. Some of the cheese buttons that melt quite easily include American cheese and cream cheese. You could also try to add in the following to your dish as toppings;
- Blue cheese
- Hot peppery sauces
- Green beans
- Chicken chunks, etc.
All of these things just help your dish to be richer with flavors and even crunchier.
Macaroni and cheese is a calorie-rich diet and will certainly help you to gain weight. This dish is also quite rich in sodium. The bulk of its nutritional value is provided below;
- Total fat 5g
- Saturated fat 1.6g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Potassium 80mg
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Sugar 1.6g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g